Community College of K.B. Women’s College
Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
The Community College will be accessible to a large number of individuals of the community, offer low cost and high quality education locally, that encompasses skills development as well as traditional course. K. B. Women’s College, Hazaribagh wishes to provide skill based education to students currently pursuing higher education but actually interested in entering the workforce at the earliest opportunity.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND ITS OBJECTIVE:
The idea of establishing community college in the country was unanimously endorsed in the conference of state education ministers held on 22nd February-2012 and a committee of education ministers of nine states was constituted to finalize the concept and framework of the community college scheme. The committee after wide consultation with all concerned, presented its report to the Government of India accepted this report decided to introduce the scheme of community college during the 12th five year plan.
The main objective of introducing Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology under community College is to impart skill based education to girl students so that they can equip themselves with competencies for moving into job markets and self employment and thus provide opportunities for their economic independence and social enlistment.
GOVERNANCE OF COMMINITY COLLEGE:
|Board of Management||Board of Studies|
|Chairman – Principal.
Representative form UGC.
Representative form HRD.
Representative form concerned Industry.
|Chairman – Principal.
Representative form University.
Two Experts from Concerned Industry.
COURSE DURATION AND EXAMINATION:
- The Diploma is a full time course of one year (Two Semester)
- The college will hold examination at the end of each Semester.
- There shall be a written examination for each of the theory papers of three hours during and each practical paper of six hours duration.
- The marks for each paper will be evaluated for 100 marks carrying 30% weightage for mid semester examination and 70% weight age for end semester examination.
- In order to successfully completed the Diploma course a candidate shall have to secure at least the qualifying marks separately in mid semester examination and end semester examination.
ELIGIBLITY FOR ADMISSION:
- Candidates seeking admission to the Diploma course in Medical Laboratory Technology should have passed the minimum education qualification 12th / Intermediate examination in Science of a Board / University.
- A candidates appearing for the examination will be required to attend at least 75% of the lectures delivered and of the practical classes held separately in each paper.
The one year Diploma Course will be divided into two semester. There shall be three papers and one practical paper from the core course in each semesters and a general paper of communicative English in 1st semester and one paper of Basic Computer Science in 2nd semester.
Admission to one year Diploma Course in Medical Laboratory Technology shall be made on the bases of the performance of the candidates in qualifying examination (50%) and interview (50%).
NATURE OF QUALIFYING TEST:
The qualifying test will be of 90 minutes duration in following subject- General Science and English.
The total no. of seats is 50. The reservation of seats for the course will be as per reservation policy of the Government of Jharkhand.
The course fee will be Rs. 5000/- in each semester.
A sum of Rs. 10,000/- will be provided to the students by UGC, subject to their satisfactory attendance and on successful qualifying the end semester examination without any back paper / back log. In the case of short attendance or failure of the student will not be entitled for scholarship.