FOOD PROCESSING AND PRESERVATION TECHNOLOGY
About the Course
Food Processing and Preservation Technology is an one year diploma course. It imparts technical skill in various aspects of Food Processing and Preservation and provides an employment potential for girl students so that they can equip themselves as technical specialist in food industry and self employment by establishing a home scale unit of Food Processing and Preservation, Cottage Industry, Small Scale Industry and Large Scale Industry. This would provide opportunities for their economic independence leading to social uplift.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AND PLACEMENT:
Food Processing and Preservation Technology gives a good scope of food technology courses which offer numerous job opportunities in various areas. One can get jobs in food processing industries, research laboratories, hotels, soft drink factories, quality control, rice mills, manufacturing industries and distilleries. It thus provides ample employment opportunities.
The areas where one can find employment in this industry are:
- Food processing companies and food research laboratories
- Food wholesalers
- Catering establishments
- Restaurants provide employment to candidates with degrees in home science and specializations in food technology, nutrition or food services management. Diploma holders in dietetics, applied nutrition, food science and preservation and those having certificate in dietetics or food and nutrition can also be employed in this industry.
- Bacteriologist, toxicologists and those trained in packaging technology, organic chemistry, biochemistry and analytical chemistry can find opening food technology laboratories or in quality control departments.
- A number of public sector undertakings in the department of food also require people in this field. The Food Corporation of India, which handles the purchase, storage transport and distribution of food grains and other food items, provide employment to large number of people. Self-employment opportunities also exist in the form of dynamic delivery networks for those who want to work on their own.
- Private sector companies have been the key players in the food sector and even companies like ITC are now moving into the sector, seeing the potential in processed foods.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
Any students who have passed Intermediate Science, Arts & Commerce or Graduate in any stream and having minimum 45% marks are eligible to take admission in this course.
Admission to Food Processing and Preservation Technology shall be made on the basis of performance of the candidates at the entrance test followed by counselling.
For admission against NRI/NRI sponsored seats there is direct admission after appearing for a special interview on a date decided by the department.
Total no. of seats is 55 + 5 = 60; 55 Seats for General candidates and 5 Seats for NRI / NRI sponsored candidates on requisite payment in US Dollar. Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC will be followed as per the rules and regulations of Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag.
The course Fee will be of Rs. 5000/ (Five Thousand) only per semester.
- Fee must be paid in full at the time of admission.
- 75% attendance is necessary for filling of examination from according to University rules.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against those students who break college rules.
- All students are directed to see notice board daily without fail for information.
Hostel accommodation is available in College Campus.
CO-ORDINATOR – Dr. Shakuntala Kumari – 9430176900/9430302677